iNDICA NEWS BUREAU-
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met with United States Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo on Monday and discussed Indo-Pacific Economic Framework alongside high technology cooperation between the two countries.
The talks between the two ministers also covered resilient supply chains, high technology cooperation, semiconductors and business promotion in Washington as Jaishankar is in the US on a 10-day visit to hold bilateral consultations with several US cabinet ministers.
In a tweet, Jaishankar wrote, “An excellent meeting with Commerce Secretary @SecRaimondo. Our conversation covered resilient supply chains, Indo-Pacific Economic Framework, high technology cooperation, semiconductors and business promotion. Look forward to seeing her in India.”
Jaishankar also met US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon where he was welcomed in an enhanced honor cordon ceremony on Monday.
This meeting comes a day before Jaishankar meets his US counterpart, Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
Meanwhile, the US Secretary of Commerce also took to Twitter and said, “Today I met with #India’s Minister of External Affairs @DrSJaishankar on how we can work more closely together on #IPEF,” as she looked forward to deepening the bilateral commercial relationship between India and US.
IPEF, a group of 13 countries, is a multilateral economic framework. Since its launch in May launch, IPEF countries have engaged in intensive discussions to scope out each pillar of the Framework.
The Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) was launched jointly by the USA and other partner countries of the Indo-Pacific region on May 23, 2022, in Tokyo.
India joined the IPEF and Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the launch event along with US President Joe Biden, Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio and other leaders from partner countries.
Previously, virtual Ministerial Meetings were held immediately after the launch on May 23 and thereafter from July 26-27, 2022.
Prof. Solomon Darwin
- Unwarranted restrictions on dual citizenship in India
- Resetting the Jewel in the Crown – A Roadmap for Rebuilding India
- 135 million Horatii are needed in India
- When hindsight is 2020
- This agitation is of earth-shaking historical importance: Justice Katju
Justice Markandey Katju
- Lord Ram treated all citizens as his children: Justice Katju
- Imran is popular in Pakistan, but his future hangs in the balance
- A story about Majrooh Sultanpuri (1919-2000)
- Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Yatra is just a stunt and gimmick: Justice Katju
- Inshaji utho ab kooch karo
- Say Her Name
- What’s so bad about feeling good?
- Rhapsody of Raindrops and Rumali Roti at RDB Cinemas
- Droupadi’s Dreams Delight Mother India
- The Great Jerome of Washington
- Democracy Can Weather the Storm
- My Upbringing in Indian Culture
- An Orchestra in Need of a Conductor: US Health Care
- Artificial Intelligence : Revolutionary without being Evolutionary
- Our Eureka Moments
The best journalism involves covering issues of importance to the community honestly, responsibly and ethically, and being transparent in the process.
At indica, we will be following up on news for the South Asian community – without fear or favor.
Sign up for news and information related to Indian-Americans, Business world, Culture, in-depth analysis and much more!